Old Roosevelt Field
Project: Field Support for Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (RI/FS) for Contaminated Groundwater Site
SIN: 899-4, Waste Management Services
In this project, we provided field support for a CERCLA Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study (RI/FS) performed at Old Roosevelt Field groundwater contaminated site in Nassau County, New York. PWGC performed this work under our USEPA Remedial Action Contract as a subcontractor to CDM Federal Programs Division.
- Category: [Waste Management]
- In accordance with the USEPA environmental concerns within the area, PWGC provided field support and was directly responsible for the coordination and execution of all field activities outlined in the Work Plan. PWGC was the Field Team Leader for this project that consisted of vertical profiles (VPs, gamma logging of boreholes, and monitoring well installations. VPs and gamma logging were performed and the data reviewed to determine the appropriate screen zone for the monitoring wells.
- After installation of the monitoring wells and a West Bay multi-port sampling system, PWGC oversaw the sampling effort. PWGC ensured that all field tasks adhered to the Work Plan and the Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP). Field personnel reported directly to PWGC personnel on matters relating to the field investigation and daily activities.
- PWGC was responsible for:
- Maintaining and completing chains of custody
- Sampling Quality Control (QC) plan
- Completing all paperwork correctly
- Collecting duplicates and blanks
- Properly labeling, storing and shipping in accordance with applicable requirements in the QAPP
- PWGC tracked investigation-derived wastes, coordinating for characterization, temporary storage and ultimate disposal. In addition, PWGC was responsible for maintaining waste manifests and tracked volumes that were disposed. The field data collected was used to support the feasibility study and evaluate remedial activities.