Property Redevelopment & Brownfields
We’ve been providing services related to the environmental restoration of impacted sites to diverse clientele for over 20 years, and we’re considered one of the premier brownfield consulting companies on Long Island. Our vast experience helps us actively develop innovative ways to streamline the BCP process to accommodate the fast-paced schedule of most developers. Our clients range from the single land owner to large private developers and conglomerates, municipalities, and industrial clients.
To restore properties to effective use, we’ve developed a full compliment of technical services that include:
- Site Assessments and Phase I & II ESAs
- Accelerated Site Characterizations
- Development of Remedial Programs
- Preparation of Risk-Based Remedial Plans and Site Closures
- Development of Specifications for Detailed Remedial Design
- Incorporating Engineering Controls into Redevelopment Plans
Brownfield property is land previously used for industrial purposes or some commercial uses. The land may be contaminated by low concentrations of hazardous waste or pollution, but has the potential to be reused once it is cleaned up.
Benefits of cleaning up and reinvesting in these types of properties include:
- Increase of Local Tax Base
- Facilitates Job Growth
- Utilizes Existing Infrastructure
- Takes Development Pressures off of Undeveloped, Open Land
- Improves and Protects the Environment