Engineering Services for Northwell Health
A varied project that included Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments, exploratory excavation, and indoor air sampling services at various sites
PWGC provided the following services for the following projects:
- Phase I ESA – 250 East Main Street, Bay Shore – PWGC performed a Phase I ESA at this former dry cleaning site which identified recognized environmental conditions. PWGC represented the prospective tenant during a subsurface investigation which determined that the site was impacted with chlorinated solvents and metals. The investigation included the sampling of stormwater and sanitary leaching pools, soil vapor sampling, and groundwater monitoring. A remedial excavation of contaminated leaching pools was performed. The site has been redeveloped into office space.
- Phase I & II ESA and Exploratory Excavation – 1984 Union Blvd, Bay Shore – PWGC performed a Phase I ESA at this automotive repair facility at which recognized environmental conditions were identified. PWGC represented the prospective buyer during a Phase II ESA which included a soil and groundwater boring program, a geophysical survey, and exploratory excavation. The investigation determined that a former Spill had been properly closed.
- Phase I & II – 75 West Aletta Place, Bay Shore – PWGC performed a Phase I ESA at this auto body shop at which recognized environmental conditions were identified. PWGC represented the prospective buyer in performing a Phase II ESA which included a geophysical survey, soil borings, and groundwater sampling. The investigation determined that the former on-site sanitary system was impacted with hazardous levels of lead. A remedial excavation of the impacted sanitary system was performed, which brought the site to SCDHS closure.
- Phase I ESA – 444 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park – PWGC performed a Phase I ESA at this office building. The assessment did not identify recognized environmental conditions. PWGC did not recommend a Phase II ESA.
- Indoor Air Sampling – 1111 Marcus Avenue, Lake Success – PWGC performs quarterly indoor air sampling at this former industrial site which is impacted with chlorinated solvents. The air sampling is performed to confirm the effectiveness of the site’s sub-slab depressurization system.
Have a Project?
Air Emissions Inventory for Adelphi University
We performed an assessment and "tune-up" to ensure that the campus was compliant with new air emissions standards for hazardous pollutants.
Neptune Regional Transmission System Compliance Management
PWGC provided independent oversight, inspection and auditing for the construction of this environmentally sensitive project
Coram Materials Corp. Engineering & Hydrogeologic Assessment
A full engineering/hydrogeologic assessment determined the impact of the site's mining operations on groundwater quality.