Islip Sewer Feasibility Study
The Town of Islip (Town) commissioned PWGC to determine the feasibility of providing sewers to a study area located in the south east section of the Town. PWGC was commissioned to find balanced and responsible strategies that can improve the quality of the groundwater and the surface water bodies in the vicinity. In addition to the environmental benefits that can be derived from the installation of sewers, PWGC determined that the installation of the sewers would revitalize commercial centers within the study area.
PWGC took a lead role in the following:
- Reviewed existing prepared engineering reports and documents associated to the study area
- Sought failed septic system opportunities for affordable housing or economic development
- Data collection, management and analysis to support decision making via GIS software
- Creation of system specific data by identifying targeted areas to create a sanitary sewer conveyance infrastructure GIS database
- Complete a comprehensive engineering report that discusses the recommended targeted areas to be sewered