P.W. Grosser Consulting (PWGC) is proud to announce that it has been recognized as one of the best small businesses on Long Island in 2021 by Long Island Press.
“We at PWGC are honored to be selected as a top workplace on Long Island by Long Island Press,” said PWGC President/CEO Paul K. Boyce, PE, PG. “For more than 30 years we have worked to develop a positive workplace setting that encourages individual input and fosters a team-oriented atmosphere.”
Information about the award is below.
The process for 2021 began in May, when Long Island Press began news coverage and promotions welcoming the nomination of companies as Top Workplaces. Energage, which measures employee engagement, also reached out to companies on Long Island. Throughout the process, more than 1,000 employers in the region were invited to have their employees take an employment survey. Any organization was eligible to participate, provided it had at least 50 employees in the region. Employers could be public, private, nonprofit, or governmental.
The employee engagement survey of 24 questions gathers responses regarding issues relating to workplace culture:
- Alignment – where the company is headed, its values, cooperation, effective meetings
- Coaching – managers care about concerns, are helpful, encourage employee development
- Connection – employees feel appreciated, work is meaningful, working at full potential, clued in to each other
- Engagement – productivity, retention, recruiting
- Leadership – confidence in company leaders
- Performance – execution, open-mindedness, innovation, clued-in leadership
- The Basics – pay, benefits, flexibility, training, expectations
For 2021, PWGC saw it ranked 18th in the “Small Business” category.
PWGC’s employees noted several positive attributes associated with the firm, which included flexible work schedules, a fully-funded health plan, internal and external training opportunities, a well-rounded benefits package, employee stock ownership program, being pet friendly, and excellent communication.